Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Good Idea Round Deux

Having a dinner party but you hate your guests so you don't want to spend a lot of money on them?

Have you run out of time for cooking and just need something quick and easy that can be done when the guests are there?

Are you entertaining young humans?

OOORRR do you just want something phenomenal that is going to blow your f*cking mind along with all of the minds of your guests?

Well then go to Ianelli's on Passyunk below Washington (between Ellsworth and Federal) and buy some god damn pizza dough.


A ball of dough costs just a few bucks and it tastes like somone's little old Italian grandmother made it AND like the recipe she used has been used by her ancestors for centuries.

You know why it tastes like that? Probably because that is exactly what happens.

It either tastes exactly like that or like it has been squeezed from the teet of a Roman god.

One or the other.

So here's the deal. Just buy a hunk of dough, roll it out, throw anything on top and then bake it.


I topped mine with my famous anchovie sauce (by famous I mean I really like it) and then added some fried egg plant, mozzarella and parmigiano reggiano.

I'm telling you, the shit made my eyes roll back up in my head.

Just think how fun that would be for the kitties too and they can't fuck it up too bad so it works out well for the full sized humans.



Bravo Ianelli's!


Iannelli's Brick Oven Bakery - 1155 E. Passyunk Ave.
215.468.0720

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Is this what you made the one time you came to my house with anchovies in the sauce!?!?!? That was the best pizza I've ever had. Maybe you should write about your anchovies sauce recipe! OR just come over to my house and make it again.