Monday, June 30, 2008

Naked n' Chilly


The other day (one when it was 3,000 degrees outside) a friend and I decided to peel ourselves off the steaming coffee shop sidewalk and trudge through the pea soup of a day. We intended to indulge our sweet tooth and decided on Naked Chocolate.

Upon arrival I came to find that Naked Chocolate offers a surprising array of iced drinks. I decided on a smoothie. It was an impeccable specimen of smoothiehood. Bananas, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and an apple juice base (real fruit + fruit juice = one damn good time).

My friend make the more decadent decision (possibly the smarter of the two although certainly a caloric mistake) and ordered a cold drinking chocolate.


Sweet heavens to Betsy it was GOOOOD. It was an iced chocolate drink but it tasted like real live chocolate. Not the fake stuff. It was bitter and sweet and smoky all at the same time... and of course all icy-like. Ow guuurl.

Mind you, I only had two sips so I can not tell you how I would have felt after drinking an entire one (did I mention they are topped with a shit ton of whipped cream and chocolate flakes), but By George those two sips were a little like what I would imagine heaven to be... or if baby angels carried you on a cloud... and you were on muscle relaxers... and someone was giving you a back massage to the sounds of happiness.


Naked Chocolate Cafe - 1317 Walnut St Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 735-7310

www.nakedchocolatecafe.com

No comments: